Saturday, September 10, 2011

2011 Life Challenges

I believe that the only constant in life is change. Some changes are easier to manage than others. The birth of a baby is a joyful event and yet brings challenges for new parents, not the least of which is maintaining a stable life while suffering from sleep deprivation.
As a psychologist, the developmental stages of one's life, changes throughout the life span, have fascinated me. Much research has been conducted on infant, childhood, adolescence, young adult, and mid-life development. My special interest is in the continuing changes, growth, and development related to life after fifty. Even as a child I found that my parent's friends were more interesting than mine - I loved to listen to their stories. I began working in the Field of Aging when I was thirty. I am now seventy-two and still learning about how the process of change, adaptation, coping, and resolution affect each of us.

No comments: